Silence is when I select to shut up before someone says to me, “Shut up.”
It is the definition of wisdom.
It is the personification of understanding.
It is the reasonable approach that an intelligent soul makes when further speaking will only produce more dissension.
Jesus often chose to be silent.
Matter of fact, history tells us there were many cults, religious groups, violent terrorists and wicked organizations around him–and he never says a word about any of them.
Why? Because they were irrelevant.
A rabid dog will eventually die. Your job is to avoid its teeth.
Therefore, it’s reasonable to be silent.
It is brilliant to choose silence at the right moment.
I choose silence when:
- Argumentative people are on the warpath.
- I am surrounded by those determined to prove they are knowledgeable on a particular subject
- Ignorant people are proud of their ignorance and would have no personality without it.
- It is obvious that I am not as up-to-date as others on what is being discussed.
- And I merely have an opinion instead of an idea.
We must understand that the passing of years, the passing of the torch, the passing of scriptural verses, the passing of a test or the passing along of tradition is not grounds to be heard.
But to those who believe it is, no amount of reasoning or cajoling will convince them otherwise.
Silence is the protection we place around beauty … until it can reach the eyes of the right beholder.
The producers of jonathots would humbly request a yearly subscription donation of $10 for this wonderful, inspirational opportunity